DOCTORAL PROGRAM IN ELECTRICAL AND INFORMATION ENGINEERING
The Doctoral Program in Electrical and Information Engineering, under the current coordination of Prof. Alfredo Grieco, has been active in the Department of Electrical and Information Engineering of Polytechnic University of Bari (Italy) since many years. The 33rd cycle has been started since 1st November 2017. This PhD program is held in the framework of the Doctorate School of Polytechnic University of Bari. The PhD program in Electrical and Information Engineering allows the students to get an appropriate professional education as well as highly qualified scientific skills in the research topics of Electrical and Information Engineering. The PhD program includes the following research macro areas: “Converters, Electrical Machines and Drives“, “Electrical and Electronic Measurements”, “Electrical Systems for Energy”, “Electronics”, “Electromagnetic Compatibility and Electromagnetic Fields”, “Electrotechnics”, “Industrial Automation”, “Information Systems” and “Telecommunications”. In general, the international subject categories involved in this PhD program include:
1) Automation and Control Systems
2) Computer Science
3) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
4) Instruments and Instrumentation
The main objective of this program is to educate PhD researchers which can be trained, working in a number of different positions, such as:
– researchers in public or private research centres, or italian or foreign Universities;
– researchers in Consortia for development of innovative technologies for SME;
– professional consultants in specific research areas;
– qualified experts in the realization of hi-tech systems operating in the global market in the field of Electrical and Information Engineering;
– qualified experts in research areas involved in European Union research projects, in particular in Key Enabling Technologies (i.e., Micro and Nanoelectronics, Nanotechnology, Photonics);
– contract lectures and professors in italian and foreign Institutions.
The PhD qualified experts of the PhD program can: a) promote the application of research activities in the areas of advanced technologies of Electrical and Information Engineering to meet the specific local needs of Southern Italy; b) disseminate the techniques and processes of advanced research in the Industry as a product added value; c) disseminate the culture principles of technology innovation; d) promote the technological progress and economic growth in strategical production sectors for local or/and national economy; e) contribute to the increasing competitiveness of social and production systems in local and national scenarios.